Email Address

Email us at: SixArmedBlog@Gmail.com

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Teaching in the Morning

Today was the last day of my first term teaching my own class. The kids made me a poster and they all signed it. Well, actually it looks like most of them signed it. I like how they wanted to use my favorite color, but my favorite color being yellow... didn't exactly serve as a great color to write with onto white paper. Doesn't matter, my cooperating teacher used yellow anyway.

Some of the kids drew me pictures on scratch paper as a farewell gift. Pretty inappropriate pictures, however. An 8-tentacle creature called "Pleasure Bot" (that I'll leave to your imagination), a guy pushing another guy off of a cliff, voice bubbles coming from stick figures with profane language, etc. I couldn't help but smile. The girl who handed me the drawings had a mischievous look in her face and a devious smirk. She was testing me on my last day (cute?). I couldn't help but smile when I saw the pictures. So I replied, "Thanks. These are nice drawings. I better put these away right away so you guys don't get in trouble though." I think I made her day because she ran off ecstatically telling all her friends that I accepted the drawings.

It was a lackluster end to my service there though. There was no crying, yelling, screaming, kicking, molotovs, or conga lines. Sometimes I wonder if teaching is really what I'm looking for.

1 comment:

  1. haha you should put up a picture of these drawings. especially the pleasure bot

    ReplyDelete